Saturday, June 14, 2014

People


Yes , I did say trivial so I might as well start from the trivial-est ( I am my own Webster's so excuse that ) of issues. People , yes. People of my great country have to be the worst kind of people anywhere. They are rude , arrogant and downright shameless. And I haven't even started exaggerating yet.
What kind of people won't stop to help another fellow  human if he's lying to the road bleeding, huh ?
I feel hurt and not to mention frustrated with being around such people.
Where girls are taught to cover up themselves rather than teaching boys to lower their gaze and look at at girls with utmost respect . Where women who dress according to their own will are considered to have loose morals and when men do the same they're just let off saying everyone has their own way of dressing . Where still women are considered subordinate to men. 
Where men are let off the hook after assaulting women , laughing it off saying " Boys will be boys ". 
Where it's okay to blame a woman for calling it on herself , telling her that dressing in a certain way is an inviting trouble ? 
What kind of a country am I living in?
Patriarchal or Male shoveinistic ?

No comments:

Post a Comment